Thursday, April 5, 2012

the coolest story

Today, my brother Jack, who passed away three years ago, would have turned twenty-nine.  I miss him every single day.  More than anything, I'd love to just have a long talk with him, and feel his arms wrap me up in a big hug.

Just two days ago, the coolest thing happened...

I got a phone call from Joann, the mother in law of my close friend Anna.  Joann and her husband live a few streets over from my parents.  Joann called to tell me that her husband had found a letter addressed to my parents, from my brother, postmarked February 27, 2003.  Over nine years ago!!  I guess their mail slot is in their garage door, and they had found the envelope stuck in the garage door header.  Isn't that crazy??

I feel like our family has experienced a sweet little miracle, just in time for celebrating my brother's birthday!


My favorite part is the end. :)

Happy birthday, dear Jack!  Happy birthday to you.

Love,

~abi~ 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Abi! God works in mysterious ways! So glad you got to have this gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing...May your heart be filled w/ joy knowing your brother is w/ our God today celebrating his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful! What a precious gift from our Father!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for spending some time here in my corner of the internet. and thank you even more for chiming in with your comment!